Most people do not really think a lot about plant baskets. They just assume they are there to hold a plant and that is it. But really, a plant basket can add a lot of style to your room, and also set off your plant of choice.
We have scoured the internet looking for the best plant baskets. After looking at various criteria, we have selected the top five plant baskets. Here we will provide specifics of each basket, along with the pros and cons. We also offer a buyer’s guide so you can be certain you are getting the best plant basket for your needs.
Keep reading to learn more about the top five plant baskets.
The Top Five Plant Baskets Reviews
This plant basket by OrganizerPro is perfect for your favorite plant. Measuring 11.75” in diameter and 10.25” high, this rope basket is made from jute and is very spacious.
We love that you can not only store plants in this but use it for other things as well. It is perfect for toys, books, and other small objects. Use it in the car for when you are going to the beach or on a picnic. The possibilities are endless.
The plant basket features handles that are strong. If you are not using the basket, you can fold it for easy storage.
This plant basket looks great with a wide variety of plants. Consider putting an Aloe Vera plant in this for sunburned skin. African violets will look amazing sitting on a window sill in this holder, as will Busy Lizzies.
If you are looking for a plant basket that is also a piece of art, we highly recommend this one. The basket is gorgeous and looks handmade. It is of high-quality and very affordable.
- Great value for the money
- Looks great with a wide variety of plants
- Has strong handles for easy transporting
- Can be used as storage for other items
- Folds flat when not in use
- Very well made
- Arrived with an odd smell
The Natural Seagrass Belly Basket is the perfect plant basket for those looking for a natural-looking plant holder. Not only can this be used as a plant holder, but you may also use it for storing knickknacks, books, magazines, cat or dog toys, and much more!
This basket is fully collapsible when it is not in use. It is made with natural seagrass. If it should arrive green, it will turn over time. This is because fresh seagrass was used to construct the basket. The measurements of the basket are 14” by 12.5” high by 10.6” (mouth opening).
We have found this basket will look amazing in a sunroom with a Chinese Evergreen plant or a Cast Iron Plant. It could be gifted with some Calla Lilies or a Bird of Paradise plant for Mother’s day or a birthday. The basket will look amazing with a snake plant or a Lollipop plant too! The recipient will be delighted with a beautiful plant and a holder to display it in! This is a plant basket that we truly recommend because it is well worth the value and looks exceptional.
- Decent size
- Impressive quality
- Great price
- Flexible for other items to be stored in
- On the fragile side
This plant basket by Goodpick takes our number three spot as it is simply gorgeous to look at. Measuring 15.0” tall by 16.0” by 12.6” on the bottom, it is a perfect size. Use it in a variety of ways as a multipurpose basket, great for house plants, holding toys, clothes or blanket storage and much more.
We are appreciative that it is easy to keep clean. You may either hand wash it or you can toss it in the washing machine! It does not get any easier than that. We have found that it is best to air dry, but you can also allow it to tumble dry on a low setting.
This plant basket is very stylish. We imagine it looking amazing in a beach house with some tropical flowers. It will look fashionably in a home office, a teenager’s room, or the living room. Consider planting an Eternal Flame plant or some False Shamrocks. No matter what flower or plant you pick, it will look delightful.
We are fully on board with this basket as it has passed the test being environmentally friendly by the FDA. This is a great choice for anyone who needs a plant basket as the beauty combined with the eco-friendliness makes for the perfect basket.
- Trendy and fashionable
- Non-toxic and environmentally friendly
- Durable and sturdy
- Great value for the money
- May not maintain its shape
If you are looking for the perfect plant basket that is environmentally friendly, look no further. Kalea has you covered. This seagrass basket creates both a simple and gorgeous way to hold your plants by easily placing the planter right into the basket. The possibilities are endless. Add a beautiful Flamingo plant. At Christmas time, use it to hold your Poinsettia. In the summer, Queens Tears look absolutely gorgeous. Really any plant you can think of to grow indoors will complement this basket.
This large plant basket measures 15.75” by 14.2” in height. It can be used for a myriad of things. Place it in a guest bedroom to hold small bottles of lotion or other toiletries. Gift it with some plant seeds, gardening gloves, and some gardening tools. Use it in the pantry to hold snacks. It is a very versatile plant basket!
This is a basket we can stand behind, so therefore, we do recommend it. It will look trendy and gorgeous in any home from an apartment to a condo to a beach house. It makes the perfect gift for anyone for a birthday, anniversary, or wedding.
- Nice value for the money
- Excellent quality
- Gorgeous design
- May not stand on its own
If you are looking for a cute way to display your succulents, this is the answer for you. MyGift offers a set of 3 succulent plant baskets perfect for hanging on your wall. These ceramic wall hangers use twine rope to hang on the wall. They are a modern addition to a home and will lay flat against the wall.
These planters have no drain holes, making them ideal for plants that require light watering. They measure 4.6” in height by 3.9” in width by 3.5” in length. The rope hanging length is 7.8”.
We appreciate that you can use real or fake plants in these plant baskets. Consider filling yours with a spider plant. They are also perfect for herbs such as dill, basil, rosemary, chives, and much more!
We highly recommend these ceramic plant baskets. They are cute and make the perfect gift. Consider purchasing several sets to have on hand just for this purpose. The plant basket filled with a succulent makes a thoughtful gift for teachers, new neighbors, your mail carrier, best friend, hairdresser, or anyone else that deserves appreciation. They can be hung on any wall inside, as well as used outdoors on fences or trellises.
- Make a great gift (can be split up)
- Indoor or outdoor use
- Great value for the money
- Durable and sturdy
- Do not have holes in the bottom of them
- The coating has been scratched off on some
Plant Basket Buyers Guide
We have compiled the best information for you in our plant basket buyers guide so you can make an informed decision on which plant basket is the right one for you. We have included factors to consider before purchasing the plant basket, along with tips on how to use the plant basket. A frequently asked questions section will help answer any concern you may have about these baskets.
Factors to Consider
Before purchasing your plant basket, you need to take a few things into consideration.
- The style- Each plant basket has a different style. Do you want one that is made from seagrass? Are you looking for a specific color? Is there a certain texture that you have in mind? Knowing the exact style that you like will come in handy when picking the best plant basket for your wants and needs.
- The price- Plant baskets come in a wide price range. Some are very inexpensive, but this may mean they are made with cheap materials. Others are very expensive. Depending upon your budget, you will need to decide how much you are willing to spend on a plant basket. There are many that are reasonably priced and look great at the same time.
- The size- How big do you want your plant basket to be? There are some that will hold small plants, such as a succulent plant holder. Others will hold larger flowers, while some will hold huge plants. Determine what type of flowers or plants you will be using your basket for before purchasing your plant basket.
- The materials- The materials that are used in the plant basket will ultimately determine how strong or long-lasting the planter is. Some plant baskets are made from natural materials, such as seagrass. Others are made from jute, twine, or rope. Some have been manufactured with macrame, resin, plastic, ceramic, or other materials.
Tips for Using Basket as Planters
By following the tips provided here, you can be sure that your plant basket will last as long as it can.
- Be sure to use a saucer on the bottom of your plant basket. This will catch water so your basket does not get damaged. These saucers come in a variety of colors and materials. They make plastic clear ones that are not very noticeable or you can purchase one that is painted to your liking in order to match your style.
- Only use a basket that fits your plant. Do not cram a plant into a basket. If you do, you not only risk harming the plant but also breaking your plant basket.
- Once every week, take your plant out of the basket so the soil can dry out a bit.
Frequently Asked Questions About Plant Baskets
Why should I use a plant basket?
Plant baskets are a great way to jazz up any space. They can be used to match your room’s decor, such as with a pattern or a color. You may also desire to switch up plant baskets during the holidays. Examples of this include an orange basket with fake black spiders crawling on it for Halloween, a basket with a Christmas tree painted on it for Christmas, or a pastel basket with a bunny on it for Easter.
What do houseplants do for a home?
Houseplants are a great tool for refreshing a room. By adding a houseplant, you can add color and beauty. Houseplants can be added in any room in the house from the living room to the bedroom to the kitchen.
Plants are also a great way to help our health. They remove airborne pollution in the home. They have also been proven to help reduce stress levels in many individuals.
How do you plant a plant or flower in a plant basket?
There are many different ways you can plant a plant in a basket. If your plant came in a plant container, you may be able to place that container inside the basket.
If your plant does not have a container that you can put in the plant basket, you will want to protect the plant basket before you add the plant. You can do this by using a large garbage bag to cover the interior of the basket. It may need to be cut down in order to fit. Poke a few holes in the bottom for drainage. You will need to have a saucer to fit into the bottom of the basket before you place the garbage bag into the plant basket.
Next, you will want to add some wood chips or packing peanuts to the bottom of the bag. You do not need many, just enough to help the plant drain. Fit the bag into the plant basket. Fill the bag up about ⅔ of the way with a quality potting soil. Then add your plant to the pot, add a bit more soil, and then water! And there you have a perfectly potted plant.
What are the best indoor plants to grow?
There are many indoor plants that you can grow in your plant baskets. These include:
- Zanzibar Gem– a gorgeous tropical plant that is native to eastern Africa. It is easy to care for and is best known for its glossy foliage.
- Peace Lily– a plant that is native to America and southeastern Asia. These are best as floor plants as they grow wide and up to three feet tall. These plants contain large leaves.
- Spider Plant– a striking plant that is one of the easiest to grow. While it is not uncommon for these plants to get brown tips, they rarely have any other issues associated with them.
- Devil’s Ivy– a popular houseplant that is very hard to kill off. Perfect for those that are just starting to learn how to care for plants or do not have a green thumb.
- Fiddle-Leaf Fig– an ornamental tree that generally fails to flower when used in this manner. Indirect natural light is required for this hardy plant.
- Jade Plant- a resilient succulent that is very easy to grow. They have a miniature tree-like appearance that appeals to many. These trees are long-living and have been known to be passed down from generation to generation.
- African Violets– a stunning purple flowering plant that comes in various sizes. Micro-sized ones are less than 3 inches while the giant ones are over 16 inches.
- Chinese Evergreens– an attractive plant that is slow-growing. Native to Asia and New Guinea, these plants are poisonous.
We hope you have enjoyed our plant basket review. Our goal was to help assist you in picking the best plant basket for your wants and needs based on our reviews and the buyer’s guide. If you are looking for a basket that is strong, gorgeous, and a great value for the money, we suggest the OrganizerPro Jute Storage Basket. If you prefer a basket that is of impeccable quality with natural materials, consider the Natural Seagrass Belly Basket Panier Storage Plant Pot. Or if you prefer a basket that is super easy to clean, go with the Goodpick Cotton Rope Basket Woven Planter. We know that whatever basket you pick based on our recommendations and buyer’s guide, you will be happy.