A garden that is well-maintained and tidy will come along with a number of benefits. A garden can boost the value of your property and help you to sell it in the future. A lot of house buyers will be put off by a particular property, however, if there is a garden that has not be tended to because it will be one of the first things that they notice on the outside of the property. These are some low cost tips that you can keep in mind that will help you to improve the look of your garden space.
1. Take out any of the weeds that may be in your garden and turn over, or till, the soil. This is a simple way to improve the look of your garden as well as the quality. Dry soil will be the best to till, even if it is a bit tougher it will break into smaller bits that will be better to help with aerating the soil. After this is done and weeds are removed, the area will be ready for mulching or planting.
2. Mulching is a process that can improve the soil that surrounds your plants, while also giving your garden a look that is neat and tidy. During the summer, it can help to lock in moisture for the plant roots while keeping the weeds from growing as much. The best time to break out the mulch for around your borders is in the middle of the spring when the soil is good and moist. Here are some good tips.
3. A fresh coat of paint for a shed or any fences can help to really change the look of your garden area. This is a great solution that is fairly low in cost when you compare it to the cost of replacement. However, keep in mind that this can be quite time consuming if you are using a brush for painting. You could look into a few paint sprayers that will give you a good amount of coverage a lot quicker than simply using a brush.
4. Work on clearing out the clutter and waste from your garden. There can be some recycling centers that are free for domestic users, but if you are not able to transport the waste the recycling center, it may be best to hire a skip. The costs can vary, but you can get a permit to keep it on a public road overnight until you are able to get the mess completely cleared up.
5. Make sure that all of your lawn areas are cut on a regular basis to really maintain the look of both your garden and your yard. If grass is left too long in between cutting, it can look very untidy. When you cut it too short, you can cause yellowing or sections may die off. This is why it is best to keep on top of the cutting so that it will look good for the duration.
6. Add a water feature if you really want to impress. Running water can really stand out in the garden and really look the part. It’s also a great place for fish if you decide on a pond. Wall water fountains are also common in gardens and on patios – check out these wall water fountains for the home to get an idea of a more contemporary space.